Energy Audits: Improve Your Home’s Energy Efficiency
Energy audits or energy assessments will assess your home’s energy efficiency by reviewing and analyzing your insulation, siding, windows, heating and cooling system, duct work, appliances, and more. The overall goal of an energy audit is to help improve your home’s energy efficiency by determining the factors that make your home less efficient and developing a plan or list of repairs that are needed to improve efficiency. Correcting the issues and problems discovered in an energy audit can result in significant energy and cost savings over time and improve the overall comfort level in your home.
If you are interested in scheduling a home energy audit with our professional heating and cooling experts, please contact our St. Louis heating and cooling company today.
Signs You Need a Home Energy Audit
A number of factors can influence and affect your home’s energy consumption and efficiency. These include old, inefficient windows that allow heat or cold to enter your home, poorly insulated walls and siding, a lack of adequate attic insulation, poor air sealing, problems with your ductwork, or inefficient heating and cooling systems. Energy audits will look at all of these factors in order to determine which are causing the most problems and which will have the most significant impact on improving your home’s energy efficiency.
Some common problems which signal that your home is in need of an energy audit include:
- An HVAC system that is always running or frequently turning on and off
- Rooms that feel drafty or vary greatly in temperature
- Cold Floors and Walls
- Walls and paint that is cracking or blistering
What is Included in a Home Energy Audit?
The goal of an energy audit is to determine the major maintenance, upgrade, and repair services that are necessary to improve the overall energy efficiency of your entire home. Therefore, energy audits should include evaluating your complete house including your HVAC system, insulation, windows, appliances, and more.
At Bart Inman Air in St. Louis, we will evaluate all of the features and conditions that factor into your home’s overall energy performance. Therefore, when your energy audit is complete, you will be able to see exactly how your energy dollars are being spent and where your best savings opportunities are. We will provide you with a prioritized list of recommended improvements and provide estimates for these services in order to help you start saving money and improve your home’s energy efficiency.
During our home energy audits for St. Louis customers, we will:
- Check for leaks in your air ductwork or blower
- Evaluate your furnace and air conditioner units for efficiency
- Inspect for leaks and heating or cooling loss through windows, siding, door frames, attics, and floors
- Use specialized equipment including blower doors, infrared cameras, furnace efficiency meters, and surface thermometers to detect specific sources of energy loss from inside and outside of your home
- Determine areas of your home that need to be better sealed from the outside air
- Show you ways that you can conserve hot water and electricity
- Develop the best comprehensive plan for improving your home’s energy efficiency and saving you money
Schedule Your Home Energy Audit
If you would like to learn more about our energy audits or schedule your home energy audit in order to assess your home’s energy efficiency, please contact our heating and cooling company today. We can perform your home energy audit in summer or winter in order to determine the factors which contribute most to your home’s reduced energy performance. The end result of our energy audits will help you to determine which factors will improve your home’s efficiency, reduce energy consumption to help you save money, and allow you to feel more comfortable in your home in St. Louis winters or summers.